Monday, December 4, 2023

The Book of Jubilees: Chapters 24 and 25 (Lesser Genesis)

    Hi, and thank you for joining me at 144Judah!  "The Book of the Jubilees" which is also known by some as "Lesser Genesis" is a very interesting book as it gives us more background and how the background was given. We learned in part one that Moses received this word on Mount Sinai from an Angel/Malek (Messenger) of the LORD, in the second chapter, we learn about what God created and on which days...and we also learn that God's Chosen People: ISRAEL are to keep the Shabbats. To not do so is to die. Yesterday, we learned that Adam and Eve were cursed for taking from the tree in the middle of the Garden, then we go down the lines until we hit Noah and his family and learn that there were a lot more people born of Adam and Eve then we have heard of in Genesis. After this, Noah gets into the Ark and the waters begin to rise; and the world completely changes and we are given our calendar. 13 weeks between each change of the season. 4 Divisions. Each start at the Observance of the New Moon. 364 Day calendar! As Noah commands his son about the observances and of what he sees of his own children and how they have been fighting and their children aren't doing what they are supposed to, Noah tells them that he worries that they will be taken care of by God...and not in a good way, which leads us to the sons of Noah dividing their inheritance (the earth) by using lots. We learn of the land which they decided upon, and Noah is overjoyed because of a prophecy that he had spoken about Shem and The Almighty God blessing him. Who are Shem's people -- eventually? The Sons of Jacob...The Twelve Tribes... ISRAEL. And in the 9th Chapter, Noah has his son's swear an oath that when they divide their land to their sons, that none of them will try to take any of their brothers' land. What happens if they do? Cursed... which brings us to Canaan and how he stole from Shem's lot... which makes a lot more sense as to why Canaan is The Land of Milk and Honey and how it is The Promised Land of God's Chosen People through Shem's line. Then we come to Babel, and the son's language have now been confounded...and the people who once spoke Hebrew are no longer. Things are far away from The Most High God now, and the land has now gone from being divided between Noah's son's sons to Ham's son Canaan, taking Shem's land. So...we now are seeing the line that leads us down into Abram (Abraham) who we learn loves God and has learned basically what not to do from his father's example. And the coolest part? God speaks to him and Abraham listens! God chooses him because Abraham chose God and God reveals to him the language of Hebrew, and now Abraham has been given his fathers' books... what books you say? Oh, just the ones that Noah scribed... And guess what? Nobody has been able to read the language for many years. So, this all fits with the other book that I have been reading "The Book of Formation" Serif Yetzirah... After favoring and blessing Abraham, God shows him everything that he can see and tells him that this land and all of it is his and his people's. He is the Father of All Nations! So, now we learn that Lot, his nephew, has been taken, and Abraham leaves to go get him. Which brings us to Abram having a vision and a promise that he will father a child, that he will have many. God shows him that his people will be strangers in a strange land for 400 years...which brings us to the circumcision and the importance of it and what it means to get it and not get it. This is the torah...We see in 16 that Abraham will not pass away until after he sees all of his children born (6 more sons) after Isaac. We also learn that all of those children of Abraham will be gentiles....all but Isaac. In Isaac is the Holy Kodesh...seed... At the end of 17, the demon prince wants Yahweh to ask Abraham to offer Isaac as a sacrifice to see if he will do it or not... This is a whole Job situation here...and now we have made it to the 18th and 19th chapter where Jacob and Esau are born and Isaac loves Esau the best and Rebecca loves Jacob the best, but Abraham's blessing is going to go to Jacob... He tells Rebecca to take care of Jacob because he is special. And now we come to 20 and 21 where Abraham is on his death bed and gives instructions on what to do and what not to do... One is no fornicating, and the other no marrying anyone from Canaan... The people from Canaan will be rooted out... In 22 and 23 we learn that Abraham has died with Jacob in his arms -- after blessing him greatly. We also learn why we die so early and the upcoming tribulation...


Once again, my commentary on this is in BOLD. :) Enjoy!  This is copied from online sources as it is FREE for all. This book was taken out by almost all mainstream bibles. I use the KJV and it was removed by the Nicean Council. More on that later.

The Book Of Jubilees Chapter 24

YAHWEH blessed Yitschaq

1 And it came to pass after the death of Abraham, that YAHWEH blessed Yitschaq his son, and he arose from Hebron and went and dwelt at the Well of the Vision in the first year of the third week [2073 A.M.] of this jubilee, seven years.

2 And in the first year of the fourth week a famine began in the land, [2080 A.M.] besides the first famine, which had been in the days of Abraham.

3 And Yacob sod lentil pottage, and Esau came from the field hungry. And he said to Yacob his brother: 'Give me of this red pottage.' And Yacob said to him: 'Sell to me your [primogeniture, this] birthright and I will give you bread, and also some of this lentil pottage.'

4 And Esau said in his heart: 'I shall die; of what profit to me is this birthright?

5 'And he said to Yacob: 'I give it to you.' And Yacob said: 'Swear to me, this day,' and he swore unto him.

6 And Yacob gave his brother Esau bread and pottage, and he eat till he was satisfied, and Esau despised his birthright; for this reason was Esau's name called Edom, on account of the red pottage which Yacob gave him for his birthright.

7 And Yacob became the elder, and Esau was brought down from his dignity. (This part bothered me in Genesis, mainly because I always thought it was bad that they were brothers and the guy wouldn't just give him some food... he had to take away his birthright.)

8 And the famine was over the land, and Yitschaq departed to go down into Egypt in the second year of this week, and went to the king of the Philistines to Gerar, unto Abimelech.

9 And YAHWEH appeared unto him and said to him: 'Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land that I shall tell you of, and sojourn in this land, and I will be with you and bless you.

10 For to you and to your seed will I give all this land, and I will establish My oath which I swore unto Abraham your father, and I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and will give unto your seed all this land.

11 And in your seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because your father obeyed My voice, and kept My charge and My commandments, and My laws, and My ordinances, and My covenant; and now obey My voice and dwell in this land.'

12 And he dwelt in Gelar three weeks of years.

13 And Abimelech charged concerning him, [2080-2101 A.M.] and concerning all that was his, saying: 'Any man that shall touch him or aught that is his shall surely die.'

14 And Yitschaq waxed strong among the Philistines, and he got many possessions, oxen and sheep and camels and asses and a great household.

15 And he sowed in the land of the Philistines and brought in a hundred-fold, and Yitschaq became exceedingly great, and the Philistines envied him.

16 Now all the wells which the servants of Abraham had dug during the life of Abraham, the Philistines had stopped them after the death of Abraham, and filled them with earth.

17 And Abimelech said to Yitschaq: 'Go from us, for you are much mightier than we', and Yitschaq departed there in the first year of the seventh week, and sojourned in the valleys of Gerar.

18 And they digged again the wells of water which the servants of Abraham, his father, had digged, and which the Philistines had closed after the death of Abraham his father, and he called their names as Abraham his father had named them.

19 And the servants of Yitschaq dug a well in the valley, and found living water, and the shepherds of Gerar strove with the shepherds of Yitschaq, saying: 'The water is ours'; and Yitschaq called the name of the well 'Perversity', because they had been perverse with us.

20 And they dug a second well, and they strove for that also, and he called its name 'Enmity'. And he arose from thence and they digged another well, and for that they strove not, and he called the name of it 'Room', and Yitschaq said: 'Now YAHWEH has made room for us, and we have increased in the land.'

21 And he went up from there to the "Well of the Oath" in the first year of the first week in the [2108 A.M.] forty-fourth jubilee.

22 And YAHWEH appeared to him that night, on the new month of the first month, and said to him: 'I am YAHWEH the ALMIGHTY of Abraham your father; fear not, for I am with you, and shall bless you and shall surely multiply your seed as the sand of the earth, for the sake of Abraham my servant.'

23 And he built an altar there, which Abraham his father had first built, and he called upon the NAME of YAHWEH, and he offered sacrifice to the ALMIGHTY of Abraham his father.

24 And they digged a well and they found living water.

25 And the servants of Yitschaq digged another well and did not find water, and they went and told Yitschaq that they had not found water, and Yitschaq said: 'I have sworn this day to the Philistines and this thing has been announced to us.'

26 And he called the name of that place the "Well of the Oath"; for there he had sworn to Abimelech and Ahuzzath his friend and Phicol the prefect Or his host.

27 And Yitschaq knew that day that under constraint he had sworn to them to make shalom with them.

28 And Yitschaq on that day cursed the Philistines and said: 'Cursed be the Philistines unto the day of wrath and indignation from the midst of all nations; may YAHWEH make them a derision and a curse and an object of wrath and indignation in the hands of the sinners the Gentiles and in the hands of the Kittim.

29 And whoever escapes the sword of the enemy and the Kittim, may the righteous nation root out in judgment from under heaven; for they shall be the enemies and foes of my children throughout their generations upon the earth.

30 And no remnant shall be left to them, Nor one that shall be saved on the day of the wrath of judgment; For destruction and rooting out and expulsion from the earth is the whole seed of the Philistines (reserved), And there shall no longer be left for these Caphtorim a name or a seed on the earth.

(Internet search: Kaf´tuh-rim The designation of a group of people described in the Table of Nations (Gen 10:14; 1Chr 1:12) as the descendants of Egypt and connected with the descendants of Ham. They are elsewhere identified with the Philistines, who inhabited the southern coastland of Canaan north of Egypt (Deut 3:23; Amos 9:7).

31 For though he ascend unto heaven, There shall he be brought down, And though he make himself strong on earth, There shall he be dragged forth, And though he hide himself amongst the nations, Even from there shall he be rooted out; And though he descend into Sheol, There also shall his condemnation be great, And there also he shall have no shalom.

32 And if he go into captivity, by the hands of those that seek his life shall they slay him on the way, And neither name nor seed shall be left to him on all the earth; for into eternal malediction shall he depart.'

33 And thus is it written and engraved concerning him on the heavenly tablets, to do to him on the Day of Judgment, so that he may be rooted out of the earth.

The Book Of Jubilees Chapter 25

Rebecca instructs Yacob her son

1 And in the second year of this week in this jubilee, Rebecca called Yacob her son, and spoke to [2109 A.M.] him, saying: 'My son, do not take you a wife of the daughters of Canaan, as Esau, your brother, who took him two wives of the daughters of Canaan, and they have embittered my soul with all their unclean deeds: for all their deeds are fornication and lust, and there is no righteousness with them, for (their deeds) are evil.

2 And I, my son, love you exceedingly, and my heart and my affection bless you every hour of the day and watch of the night.

3 And now, my son, hearken to my voice, and do the will of your mother, and do not take you a wife of the daughters of this land, but only of the house of my father, and of my father's kindred. You shall take you a wife of the house of my father, and the Most High YAHWEH will bless you, and your children shall be a righteous generation and a kodesh seed.'

4 And then spoke Yacob to Rebecca, his mother, and said to her: 'Behold, mother, I am nine weeks of years old, and I neither know nor have I touched any woman, nor have I betrothed myself to any, nor even think of taking me a wife of the daughters of Canaan.

5 For I remember, mother, the words of Abraham, our father, for he commanded me not to take a wife of the daughters of Canaan, but to take me a wife from the seed of my father's house and from my kindred.

6 I have heard before that daughters have been born to Laban, your brother, and I have set my heart on them to take a wife from amongst them.

7 And for this reason I have guarded myself in my spirit against sinning or being corrupted in all my ways throughout all the days of my life; for with regard to lust and fornication, Abraham, my father, gave me many commands.

8 And, despite all that he has commanded me, these two and twenty years my brother has striven with me, and spoken frequently to me and said: 'My brother, take to wife a sister of my two wives'; but I refuse to do as he has done.

9 I swear before you, mother, that all the days of my life I will not take me a wife from the daughters of the seed of Canaan, and I will not act wickedly as my brother has done.

10 Fear not, mother; be assured that I shall do your will and walk in uprightness, and not corrupt my ways forever.'

11 And thereupon she lifted up her face to heaven and extended the fingers of her hands, and opened her mouth and blessed the Most High YAHWEH, who had created the heaven and the earth, and she gave Him thanks and praise.

12 And she said: 'Blessed be YAHWEH ALMIGHTY, and may His Kodesh NAME be blessed forever and ever, who has given me Yacob as a pure son and a kodesh seed; for he is Yours, and Yours shall his seed be continually and throughout all the generations forevermore.

13 Bless him, O YAHWEH, and place in my mouth the blessing of righteousness, that I may bless him.'

14 And at that hour, when the Spirit of righteousness descended into her mouth, she placed both her hands on the head of Yacob, and said:

15 Blessed are you, YAHWEH of righteousness and Sovereign Ruler of the ages, and may He bless you beyond all the generations of men. May He give you, my Son, the path of righteousness, And reveal righteousness to your seed.

16 And may He make your sons many during your life, And may they arise according to the number of the months of the year. And may their sons become many and great beyond the stars of heaven, And their numbers be more than the sand of the sea.

17 And may He give them this goodly land -as He said He would give it to Abraham and to his seed after him always, And may they hold it as a possession forever.

18 And may I see (born) unto you, my son, blessed children during my life, And a blessed and kodesh seed may all your seed be.

19 And as you have refreshed your mother's spirit during her life, The womb of her that bare you blesses you thus, [My affection] and my breasts bless you, And my mouth and my tongue praise you greatly.

20 Increase and spread over the earth, And may your seed be perfect in the joy of heaven and earth forever; And may your seed rejoice, And on the great day of shalom may it have shalom.

21 And may your name and your seed endure to all the ages, And may the Most High YAHWEH be their Sovereign Ruler, And may the ALMIGHTY of righteousness dwell with them, And by them may His sanctuary be built unto all the ages.

22 Blessed be he that blesses you, And all flesh that curses you falsely, may it be cursed.'

23 And she kissed him, and said to him; 'May YAHWEH of the world love you as the heart of your mother and her affection rejoice in you and bless you.' And she ceased from blessing.


So, yeah, all of this part is pretty much in Genesis, except for the explanation about Esau and how he has tried to get Jacob to take a wife from his wives' sisters. We know that Esau sinned by taking a Canaanite for a wife. I wasn't sure about two of them. I will have to read that part in Genesis again as I was sure it only mentioned one wife, and then he married another more suitable one later. The part about Jacob going to Laban happens but not the way it happened in Genesis. To be honest, Jacob's mother always seemed nuts to me, because of how crazy she was about the love of her sons--and how it wasn't equal. Being a mother, I can't imagine how they constantly are talking about who is the favorite of the children. What do you think? What really sucks is how long Jacob waited to get a wife and then for Laban to trick him...which we know happens next because we finished Genesis a few weeks ago with this trickery.  Yikes... I'm wondering what was left out. I can't wait until tomorrow! See you then:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Book of Yasher (Jasher) Parts 45 and 46

  The Book of Yasher (Jasher) Parts 45 and  46      Hi, and thank you for joining me at 144Judah! We are now on "The Book of Yasher&quo...