Saturday, December 9, 2023

The Book of Jubilees: Chapters 34 and 35

         Hi, and thank you for joining me at 144Judah! "The Book of the Jubilees" which is also known by some as "Lesser Genesis" is a very interesting book as it gives us more background and how the background was given. We learned in part one that Moses received this word on Mount Sinai from an Angel/Malek (Messenger) of the LORD, in the second chapter, we learn about what God created and on which days...and we also learn that God's Chosen People: ISRAEL are to keep the Shabbats. To not do so is to die. Yesterday, we learned that Adam and Eve were cursed for taking from the tree in the middle of the Garden, then we go down the lines until we hit Noah and his family and learn that there were a lot more people born of Adam and Eve then we have heard of in Genesis. After this, Noah gets into the Ark and the waters begin to rise; and the world completely changes and we are given our calendar. 13 weeks between each change of the season. 4 Divisions. Each start at the Observance of the New Moon. 364 Day calendar! As Noah commands his son about the observances and of what he sees of his own children and how they have been fighting and their children aren't doing what they are supposed to, Noah tells them that he worries that they will be taken care of by God...and not in a good way, which leads us to the sons of Noah dividing their inheritance (the earth) by using lots. We learn of the land which they decided upon, and Noah is overjoyed because of a prophecy that he had spoken about Shem and The Almighty God blessing him. Who are Shem's people -- eventually? The Sons of Jacob...The Twelve Tribes... ISRAEL. And in the 9th Chapter, Noah has his son's swear an oath that when they divide their land to their sons, that none of them will try to take any of their brothers' land. What happens if they do? Cursed... which brings us to Canaan and how he stole from Shem's lot... which makes a lot more sense as to why Canaan is The Land of Milk and Honey and how it is The Promised Land of God's Chosen People through Shem's line. Then we come to Babel, and the son's language have now been confounded...and the people who once spoke Hebrew are no longer. Things are far away from The Most High God now, and the land has now gone from being divided between Noah's son's sons to Ham's son Canaan, taking Shem's land. So...we now are seeing the line that leads us down into Abram (Abraham) who we learn loves God and has learned basically what not to do from his father's example. And the coolest part? God speaks to him and Abraham listens! God chooses him because Abraham chose God and God reveals to him the language of Hebrew, and now Abraham has been given his fathers' books... what books you say? Oh, just the ones that Noah scribed... And guess what? Nobody has been able to read the language for many years. So, this all fits with the other book that I have been reading "The Book of Formation" Serif Yetzirah... After favoring and blessing Abraham, God shows him everything that he can see and tells him that this land and all of it is his and his people's. He is the Father of All Nations! So, now we learn that Lot, his nephew, has been taken, and Abraham leaves to go get him. Which brings us to Abram having a vision and a promise that he will father a child, that he will have many. God shows him that his people will be strangers in a strange land for 400 years...which brings us to the circumcision and the importance of it and what it means to get it and not get it. This is the torah...We see in 16 that Abraham will not pass away until after he sees all of his children born (6 more sons) after Isaac. We also learn that all of those children of Abraham will be gentiles....all but Isaac. In Isaac is the Holy Kodesh...seed... At the end of 17, the demon prince wants Yahweh to ask Abraham to offer Isaac as a sacrifice to see if he will do it or not... This is a whole Job situation here...and now we have made it to the 18th and 19th chapter where Jacob and Esau are born and Isaac loves Esau the best and Rebecca loves Jacob the best, but Abraham's blessing is going to go to Jacob... He tells Rebecca to take care of Jacob because he is special. And now we come to 20 and 21 where Abraham is on his death bed and gives instructions on what to do and what not to do... One is no fornicating, and the other no marrying anyone from Canaan... The people from Canaan will be rooted out... In 22 and 23 we learn that Abraham has died with Jacob in his arms -- after blessing him greatly. We also learn why we die so early and the upcoming tribulation, and then there is Esau and Jacob...Esau gives his birthright to Jacob for a bowl of soup out of red pottery, he is then known as Edom... Esau also is with two women from Canaan! Remember what Abraham said about Canaan? DON'T GO THERE! Esau went...now his people will be rooted out in the end... Which leads us to Palestine...I mean Luz, I mean Bethel, the place where God has blessed and where Jacob had his vision of the "ladder from heaven to earth"...Surely this is GOD'S Land! And what about "The Heap of Witness" conforming from what it used to be called "The Land of The Rephaim (Giants)"? And then we have Jacob, and his twelve sons...and one daughter. His daughter is defiled, and two of his sons execute judgment on the entire town that defiled her! So, Yahweh, blesses them and curses anyone who curses ISRAEL. And guess what? The Shechumites cursed Dinah, so Yahweh gave Levi Righteous Judgment... All in the house of Shechum that were males were executed. Then we see Jacob make it back to his mother and father, just as Yahweh has promised! So, Jacob set up a pillar in Bethel (the one that he set up before) and went with his two sons, Levi and Judah, to get his parents to bring them there and offer up the sacrifice to Yahweh as a blessing, but Isaac was too weak, so he took mother and her cousin Deborah, but not before Isaac blessed Levi and Judah! Then we learn something that shocked me to my core...the reason why Canaan was cursed! Ham slept with his own MOTHER... He uncovered his father's nakedness... we find this out by the wording of the same act with Reuben and Bilah... Reuben defiled her, and commited a sin against his father. 


Once again, my commentary on this is in BOLD. :) Enjoy!  This is copied from online sources as it is FREE for all. This book was taken out by almost all mainstream bibles. I use the KJV and it was removed by the Nicean Council. More on that later.

The Book Of Jubilees Chapter 34

Yacob, his sons and servants slew the kings of the Amorites

1 And in the sixth year of this week of this forty-fourth jubilee [2148 A.M.] Yacob sent his sons to pasture their sheep, and his servants with them to the pastures of Shechem.

2 And the seven kings of the Amorites assembled themselves together against them, to slay them, hiding themselves under the trees, and to take their cattle as a prey.

3 And Yacob and Levi and Yahudah and Yoseph were in the house with Yitschaq their father; for his spirit was sorrowful, and they could not leave him: and Benjamin was the youngest, and for this reason remained with his father.

4 And there came the king[s] of Taphu and the king[s] of 'Aresa, and the king[s] of Seragan, and the king[s] of Selo, and the king[s] of Ga'as, and the king of Bethoron, and the king of Ma'anisakir, and all those who dwell in these mountains (and) who dwell in the woods in the land of Canaan.

5 And they announced this to Yacob saying: 'Behold, the kings of the Amorites have surrounded your sons, and plundered their herds.'

6 And he arose from his house, he and his three sons and all the servants of his father, and his own servants, and he went against them with six thousand men, who carried swords.

7 And he slew them in the pastures of Shechem, and pursued those who fled, and he slew them with the edge of the sword, and he slew 'Aresa and Taphu and Saregan and Selo and 'Amanisakir and Ga[ga]'as, and he recovered his herds.

8 And he prevailed over them, and imposed tribute on them that they should pay him tribute, five fruit products of their land, and he built Robel and Tamnatares.

9 And he returned in shalom, and made shalom with them, and they became his servants, until the day that he and his sons went down into Egypt.

10 And in the seventh year of this week [2149 A.M.] he sent Yoseph to learn about the welfare of his brothers from his house to the land of Shechem, and he found them in the land of Dothan.

11 And they dealt treacherously with him, and formed a plot against him to slay him, but changing their minds, they sold him to Ishmaelite merchants, and they brought him down into Egypt, and they sold him to Potiphar, the eunuch of Pharaoh, the chief of the cooks, priest of the city of 'Elew.

12 And the sons of Yacob slaughtered a kid, and dipped the coat of Yoseph in the blood, and sent it to Yacob their father on the tenth of the seventh month.

13 And he mourned all that night, for they had brought it to him in the evening, and he became feverish with mourning for his death, and he said: 'An evil beast has devoured Yoseph'; and all the members of his house [mourned with him that day, and they] were grieving and mourning with him all that day.

14 And his sons and his daughter rose up to comfort him, but he refused to be comforted for his son.

15 And on that day Bilhah heard that Yoseph had perished, and she died mourning him, and she was living in Qafratef, and Dinah also, his daughter, died after Yoseph had perished. (Well this is terrible... Also, this isn't in the Bible - it doesn't mention Dinah or Bilhah's deaths.)

16 And there came these three mournings upon Yisrael in one month. And they buried Bilhah over against the tomb of Rachel, and Dinah also his daughter, they buried there. (Yep, not mentioned.)

17 And he mourned for Yoseph one year, and did not cease, for he said 'Let me go down to the grave mourning for my son'.

18 For this reason it is ordained for the children of Yisrael that they should afflict themselves on the tenth of the seventh month -on the day that the news which made him weep for Yoseph came to Yacob his father- that they should make atonement for themselves thereon with a young goat on the tenth of the seventh month, once a year, for their sins; for they had grieved the affection of their father regarding Yoseph his son.

19 And this day has been ordained that they should grieve thereon for their sins, and for all their transgressions and for all their errors, so that they might cleanse themselves on that day once a year. (Day of Atonement on the 10th day of the seventh month! The Tenth Day of the Seventh Month is September 10th... 1 day before Yeshua's birth...Remember seven is sept...)

20 And after Yoseph perished, the sons of Yacob took unto themselves wives. The name of Reuben's wife is 'Ada; and the name of Simeon's wife is 'Adlba'a, a Canaanite (These kids don't listen); and the name of Levi's wife is Melka, of the daughters of Aram, of the seed of the sons of Terah; and the name of Yahudah's wife, Betasu'el, a Canaanite (What is wrong with these guys?); and the name of Issachar's wife, Hezaqa: and the name of Zabulon's wife, Ni'iman; and the name of Dan's wife, 'Egla; and the name of Naphtali's wife, Rasu'u, of Mesopotamia; and the name of Gad's wife, Maka; and the name of Asher's wife, 'Ijona; and the name of Yoseph's wife, Asenath, the Egyptian; and the name of Benjamin's wife, 'Ijasaka.

21 And Simeon repented, and took a second wife from Mesopotamia as his brothers.

Now it makes sense for the first two kids of Judah's to be killed...


The Book Of Jubilees Chapter 35

Rebecca commanded Yacob regarding his father Yitschaq

1 And in the first year of the first week of the forty-fifth jubilee [2157 A.M.] Rebecca called Yacob, her son, and commanded him regarding his father and regarding his brother, that he should honor them all the days of his life.

2 And Yacob said: 'I will do everything as you have commanded me; for this thing will be honor and greatness to me, and righteousness before YAHWEH, that I should honor them.

3 And you too, mother, know from the time I was born until this day, all my deeds and all that is in my heart, that I always think good concerning all.

4 And how should I not do this thing which you have commanded me, that I should honor my father and my brother!

5 Tell me, mother, what perversity have you seen in me and I shall turn away from it, and mercy will be upon me.'

6 And she said to him: 'My son, I have not seen in you all my days any perverse but (only) upright deeds. And yet I will tell you the truth, my son: I shall die this year, and I shall not survive this year in my life; for I have seen in a dream the day of my death, that I should not live beyond a hundred and fifty-five years: and behold I have completed all the days of my life which I am to live.'

7 And Yacob laughed at the words of his mother, because his mother had said to him that she should die; and she was sitting opposite to him in possession of her strength, and she was not infirm in her strength; for she went in and out and saw, and her teeth were strong, and no ailment had touched her all the days of her life.

8 And Yacob said to her: 'Blessed am I, mother, if my days approach the days of your life, and my strength remain with me thus as your strength: and you will not die, for you are jesting idly with me regarding your death.'

9 And she went in to Yitschaq and said to him: 'One petition I make unto you: make Esau swear that he will not injure Yacob, nor pursue him with enmity; for you know Esau's thoughts that they are perverse from his youth, and there is no goodness in him; for he desires after your death to kill him.

10 And you know all that he has done since the day Yacob his brother went to Haran until this day: how he has forsaken us with his whole heart, and has done evil to us; your flocks he has taken to himself, and carried off all your possessions from before your face.

11 And when we implored and besought him for what was our own, he did as a man who was taking pity on us.

12 And he is bitter against you because you did bless Yacob your perfect and upright son; for there is no evil but only goodness in him, and since he came from Haran unto this day he has not robbed us of aught, for he brings us everything in its season always, and rejoices with all his heart when we take at his hands and he blesses us, and has not departed from us since he came from Haran until this day, and he remains with us continually at home honoring us.'

13 And Yitschaq said to her: 'I, too, know and see the deeds of Yacob who is with us, how that with all his heart he honors us; but I loved Esau formerly more than Yacob, because he was the firstborn; but now I love Yacob more than Esau, for he has done manifold evil deeds, and there is no righteousness in him, for all his ways are unrighteousness and violence, and there is no righteousness around him.

14 And now my heart is troubled because of all his deeds, and neither he nor his seed is to be saved, for they are those who will be destroyed from the earth and who will be rooted out from under heaven, for he has forsaken YAHWEH the ALMIGHTY of Abraham and gone after his wives and after their uncleanness and after their error, he and his children.

15 And you do bid me make him swear that he will not slay Yacob his brother; even if he swear he will not abide by his oath, and he will not do good but evil only.

16 But if he desires to slay Yacob, his brother, into Yacob's hands will he be given, and he will not escape from his hands, for he will descend into his hands.

17 And fear you not on account of Yacob; for the guardian of Yacob is great and powerful and honored, and praised more than the guardian of Esau.'

18 And Rebecca sent and called Esau and he came to her, and she said to him: 'I have a petition, my son, to make to you, and do you promise to do it, my son.'

19 And he said: 'I will do everything that you say to me, and I will not refuse your petition.'

20 And she said to him: 'I ask you that the day I die, you will take me in and bury me near Sarah, your father's mother, and that you and Yacob will love each other and that neither will desire evil against the other, but mutual love only, and (so) you will prosper, my sons, and be honored in the midst of the land, and no enemy will rejoice over you, and you will be a blessing and a mercy in the eyes of all those that love you.'

21 And he said: 'I will do all that you have told me, and I shall bury you on the day you die near Sarah, my father's mother, as you have desired that her bones may be near your bones.

22 And Yacob, my brother, also, I shall love above all flesh; for I have not a brother in all the earth but him only: and this is no great merit for me if I love him; for he is my brother, and we were sown together in your body, and together came we forth from your womb, and if I do not love my brother, whom shall I love?

23 And I, myself, beg you to exhort Yacob concerning me and concerning my sons, for I know that he will assuredly be king over me and my sons, for on the day my father blessed him he made him the higher and me the lower.

24 And I swear unto you that I shall love him, and not desire evil against him all the days of my life but good only.'

25 And he swore unto her regarding all this matter. And she called Yacob before the eyes of Esau, and gave him commandment according to the words which she had spoken to Esau.

26 And he said: 'I shall do your pleasure; believe me that no evil will proceed from me or from my sons against Esau, and I shall be first in naught save in love only.'

27 And they eat and drank, she and her sons that night, and she died, three jubilees and one week and one year old, on that night, and her two sons, Esau and Yacob, buried her in the double cave near Sarah, their father's mother.


I still find all of this favoritism nuts. But apparently Esau is more evil than I thought he was. I know he didn't marry who he was supposed to marry-twice...and he wanted to kill his brother over the birthright and the blessing. I guess I thought he could be redeemed. What do you think? Time will tell... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Book of Yasher (Jasher) Parts 45 and 46

  The Book of Yasher (Jasher) Parts 45 and  46      Hi, and thank you for joining me at 144Judah! We are now on "The Book of Yasher&quo...